Hubertus by the sea 2022
Pursuing the ‘fox’ (being one of the riders with a fox tail attached to their left arm) is only one of attractions of Hubertus chase organized every autumn at the Maciukiewicz Riding School & Stud. Riding across the countryside, jumping over various obstacles, including trees, logs or ditches, crossing rivers, riding up and down the hills, galloping along a beach… and a common bonfire then party in the evening… these all cause you will have a lot stories to tell …at least to the next Hubertus!
Final chasing is preceded by 3-hours ride out across varied terrain including farmland and woodland including several cross-country efforts described above. Since our guests present various riding skills they are split into 2 or 3 groups each of which rides the route adjusted to the level of experience in horsemanship of its members.
We also do not forget about attractions for non-riding accompanying persons. The carriages (or cars) are following the riders. Everybody meets several times in designated places for drinking hot tea and making pictures of riders on their horses.
Plan of the event
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm – arrival and settle in to accommodation
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm – supper, integration talks, rest after the travel
- 9:00am – breakfast
- 10:00am – horse selection
- 11:00am – departure for 3hrs cross-country ride in groups of riders and carriages (or cars) with accompanying persons
- 2:00pm – chasing the ‘fox’ on the meadow (until one of the riders gets the fox brush and become the king or queen of the ‘hunting’)
- 2:30pm – ceremonial end of the chasing, decoration of participants with commemorative rosettes then the lap of honor by all riders, led by the king/queen of the ‘hunting’
- 3:00pm – return, beanfeast by the fire, sharing impressions – hot dishes: żurek (sour rye soup), bigos (hunter’s stew), sausages, coffee, tea
- 7:00pm – Hubertus grand dinner
- 9:00am – breakfast
- 10:00am – 2hrs ride to the beach
- 1:00pm – lunch
Open bar for everyone during the whole event.
Choose time convenient for you (2021):
- I 07th – 9th October
- II 14th – 16th October
- III 21st – 23rd October
- IV 04th – 06th November
- V 11th – 13th November
Prices: 1000,- pln for a rider and 650,- pln for accompanying person.
The condition of participation is a deposit of 400,- (per person) to the account number provided in the Contact section.
Be aware that by staying at the Maciukiewicz Horse Riding School & Stud or by using its services, you agree with its Rules and Regulations.